Monday, September 26, 2011

Baby Gabriel's Mother: "I Do What I Want..."

Please note that prior analysis concluded that Elizabeth Johnson killed Gabriel as she said she did and threw him in the trash.  See prior analysis.  Her rambling letters do not contradict her guilt in his death.  Letters here:


Mom's letters reveal possible clues about Baby Gabriel's disappearance




Johnson and her infant son had been in San Antonio from Dec. 22 to 27. The last time Gabriel was seen was on Dec. 26 and police think he's still here. (From Tempe, AZ, Police Department)
Johnson and her infant son had been in San Antonio from Dec. 22 to 27. The last time Gabriel was seen was on Dec. 26 and police think he's still here. (From Tempe, AZ, Police Department)
PHOENIX --  We are learning more about the Baby Gabriel case in letters written by Gabriel's mother Elizabeth Johnson.  The 45-pages worth of letters were released Monday by a judge in Arizona.

Baby Gabriel hasn't been seen alive since December of 2009 when he was here in San Antonio. His mother Elizabeth Johnson is charged with kidnapping, child abuse, and custodial interference and is being held without bond in Arizona.

For the first time since the case began, the public got a glimpse into the mind of Elizabeth Johnson and some possible clues behind Gabriel's disappearance.

Early on in the letters to the judge overseeing her case, Elizabeth Johnson tries to convince the judge of her mental stability, writing "I am clearly competent. The mental hospital is my worse nightmare. I can't wait to prove everyone wrong."

Most of her writings are spent bashing her lawyers and the justice system. She then challenges anyone to prove she has anything to do with the disappearance of her son.

"What can anyone say I did wrong? Really? They don't know. I know," Elizabeth wrote.

She affirms doing something wrong; but only she can say; not others, indicating that she believes it cannot be proven and that she was alone when she killed him. 

But the most compelling part of her letters is when, for the first time, she talks about missing Baby Gabriel and gives a glimpse of what may have happened to her baby.

She stated in her letters: "I love my son more than anything, and I've missed him being in my arms or on my hip more than anything. The hardest, most selfless thing to do is to give your child away. In the end, I knew it wasn't fair to Gabriel to live a life with me. I am a train wreck. I don't owe anyone an explanation."

Please note that she says giving "your child" away; not her son.  
Please note that "it wasn't fair to Gabriel to live..."
Please note the word "child" is often associated with child abuse, particularly sexual abuse.  Background information may reveal that Elizabeth Johnson was sexually abused as a child.
Note that as she knew it wasn't fair to Gabriel to live a life with her, she does not say it was fair for him to live with someone else, either.   

In the letters, Johnson repeatedly asks to have her lawyers removed from her case and to allow her to be under house arrest. Last month, the judge denied both of those requests.


"We all know that I do what I want..." she wrote, in spite of the destruction she causes to herself and others.  In this, she has written truth. 

No comments:

Post a Comment