Monday, July 25, 2011

Marketing 101

     So some company wants me to stay as a customer of their overpriced service, and their marketing plot is this:


lock in savings at a low rate that's GUARANTEED for two years.


     Let me get this straight....you clearly are about to go up on your prices...the ones that are ALREADY so high I am an inch away from cancelling...and you are threatening me?...saying unless I sign a contract agreeing to pay those high rates for two more years, you'll increase them again and I'll stop SAVING?
    Tell 'ya what. Here's your chance to lock me in as a customer. Go DOWN on your currently too-high rates and maybe, just MAYBE I'll continue paying you every month. Clear enough? Geeze.


[UPDATE: 8/10/11 WSJ reports cable and dish companies see subscribers abandoning their services.]

No comments:

Post a Comment