Saturday, June 25, 2011

Honoring the Sick and the Dead and the Marrying.

     Was it just in the movies that the Allies placed huge Red Crosses on the tops of hospitals and on ambulances so the Nazis and Japanese could avoid bombing them?

     I got thinking about it when I read this morning's story about a hospital in Afghanistan being the target of a car bomb, killing 60 people.

     Theses are the same people who seem to favor bombing their own fellow countrymen and women at weddings and funerals too.

     Maybe we should take the gloves off and start intentionally bombing sites in villages that harbor the Taliban? Weddings, funerals, Sunday brunch? The friend of my enemy is my enemy...you're either with us or against us?

    Sigh. I Guess we don't want to become them, do we.

No comments:

Post a Comment