Sunday, May 22, 2011

J Cole "Return of Simba"

So this kid Jermaine thinks he can just go on twitter and drop new tracks that are undeniable bangers to make up for okay tracks like Disgusting that he overhyped? Does this guy think his fans are just going to keep letting him drop fiyah like this? I bet he thinks loyal fans are anticipating his album to be one of the hottest LP's to drop this year, especially after hearing this track. Well, he's right!



Now I am a huge Reflection Eternal "RPM" fan. Those of you who are also fans, already know where I'm going with this. You've heard this sample before in Ballad of the Black Gold, take a listen below. If I'm not mistaken Cole seems to be influenced by other beats a lot when it comes to making his new material. And I don't mean older soul songs, I mean newer/recent material. Lets not forget, he sampled Janelle Monae's Neon Valley Street off her ArchAndroid Album for the song You Got It ft. Wale.

Talib Kweli & DJ Hi-Tek - Ballad of the Black Gold

No comments:

Post a Comment