Thursday, March 10, 2011

Java

     When did I drink my first cup of coffee? Probably in High School or right after. Certainly I was a true coffee drinker by the time I entered the Army in '68.

      I drink three or four cups a day now, a total that's gone up and down over the years. I have the accouterments of a coffee lover...the grinder and the filters etc, 'cuase you pretty much have to grind your own fresh beans for a great cup at home.

     Since I get up in the middle of dark, I set the coffee maker on auto, so a cup will be ready first thing. It's part of a set up I do...making the morning ritual that much easier to follow without too much thinking.

     Anyway, the reason for the post is yet another study than indicates coffee may be good for you...for women actually. Less risk of a stroke. Perhaps.

     The white cup you might see on the CBS-8 anchor desk to my right is filled with coffee...at least it is when the show starts at 5:30. By the next time I have a chance to stop speaking, it is usually cold cofffee, which is another story alltogether.

     Coffee wants to be hot, the way information wants to be free.

No comments:

Post a Comment