Thursday, March 17, 2011

Ireland

     The land of my Grandmothers and a Grandfather is celebrated each year on St. Pat's Day, a reminder to the world of all things Irish.

     I hope those who are Irish, if only for the day, enjoyed the celebration. I hear the weather bright and sunny for the NY St. Pat's Day parade, and that's a blessin'







     That's Andrew and Sarah and one of their children...the photo is not labeled and we guess it may be one of the three children they lost to a mysterious illness in 1921.
     He was an Irish cop in New York, she was the Mother who gave birth to ten children, including my Dad.
     After Andrew died in 1923, Sarah and the children went back to her homeland, but only for a visit.
     These are especially tough times for Ireland. So many took advantage of the great economy in the mid to late 2000's, that they fell all the harder. from The Great Recession.
     Though I hold dual-citizenship with Ireland because of my ancestry, and even carry an Irish passport, I've yet to visit. Maybe this year?



[NASA has provided a gorgeous photo of Erie from space...no wonder she's called The Emerald Isle!]

No comments:

Post a Comment