Sunday, December 7, 2008

change.gov

The site reads:

An American Moment: Your Vision

Start right now. Share your vision for what America can be, where President-Elect Obama should lead this country. Where should we start together?

Since our new president wants to hear from us, I have shared my thoughts with him . . . several times. I will probably go on writing him. Here is one of my letters to his people:

My vision for America is a country where Life matters--from conception until natural death. I see us as a country where all people count, where the innocent are protected and the voiceless are heard. I pray for such a wonderful land and I believe it is possible. Mr. Obama has promised 'change'; this is the kind of change America needs and really wants. Are we really the 'Land of the Free and the Home of the Brave' as the song says? My vision will require courage. How free are we? And are we brave enough to stand for that freedom? God bless you!


Do you have a moment to spare for Life? Can you compose a few sentences about the value of human Life and why it is the responsibility of government to protect it? We don't need government to protect our economic interests; the economy if left alone will work itself out. But we do need a strong and honest government to protect the innocent and vulnerable. Will you help? Go here and compose your own brief letter; you'll be glad you did. Speak for those who cannot speak for themselves.

Check out my books on Goodreads!

No comments:

Post a Comment